APREX TRACK C&M Application – Quality Control in Fiber Optic Fabrication
- Automated quality control of fiber optic surface finish.
- Global player in optical fiber manufacturing looking for a quality control solution for surface defects on optical fiber.
- Detection and measurement of defects for conformity verification.
- Establishment of a database for the traceability of each unit produced.
Solution implemented :
- Implementation of APREX TRACK C&M tools.
- Device: a camera connected to a micro PC equipped with APREX TRACK C&M, itself connected to a packaging machine through a PLC.
Particular points encountered :
- High-precision surface inspection (extremely small defects in the µm range).
- Large amount of data (several hundred defects per image)