APREX TRACK C&M Application – Depalletizing Control
- Major player in the automotive battery industry facing a robot depalletization problem
- Problem positioning the batteries when palletizing or moving the pallet which leads to difficulties when depalletizing.
- Leads to a production line stoppage and requires the intervention of operators to restart the production line.
- Several unsuccessful attempts and research of solutions on the part of the industrialist to compensate for these untimely production stoppages.
- 80% reduction in robot downtime
Solution implemented :
Implementation of APREX TRACK C&M :
- Compact computer device associated with 3 HD cameras and LED lighting.
- APREX TRACK C&M centralizes the flow of the 3 cameras to make a specific analysis combining standard methods and artificial intelligence.
- APREX TRACK C&M takes care of the communication with the robot via an industrial PLC.
Our goal is to determine for each row of batteries :
- the vertical and horizontal inclination
- the height
- the position
- the number of batteries
- the status of depalletization
- the presence or absence of protective elements
Particular points encountered :
- Control carried out in an industrial environment without the possibility of controlling natural lighting.
- Control performed on black and grey uniform colour batteries, generating reflections.